Series
Categories
Shop Now
My Picks
follow Archives

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

LES FLEURS

Hi + good morning! Or afternoon / evening...depending on where you are. :) I always forget that I'm in my little world where it's warm and early morning, and I need to notice the rest of the world!

Guess what? Let me tell you, because I know you're just dying the know...

I'm working on a new style of painting for an upcoming fundraiser, with a not-so-usual choice of subject. Envision quickly-painted florals, with watercolor and thick acrylic on top. Something like a combination of these styles. This is what I was brainstorming:

Kind of this above style for the base with pops of color in thick acrylic added into the mix. Sort of a tropical / soft feel. We will see! My paintings usually have minds of their own, especially when I'm trying out new things.

I'm also inspired by the images on my new Floral board on Pinterest, so maybe the painting will morph into something like that? Too soon to tell!

Have the best day! I'll happily be covered in paint.

10 comments:

Anna @ IHOD said...

Gorgeous. Love your taste and these get me excited for spring:)

Danie at Pasadya said...

Thanks Anna! I'm SO ready for spring!!

Danie at Pasadya said...

Thanks Milynn! :) Very excited to get going on it.

Kyla said...

Oooh, what an exciting project! Love the inspiration behind it. Spring needs to hurry up and get here!

Danie at Pasadya said...

It is, Kyla!! :) Hope it goes as planned. I can't wait for spring either. :)

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

cant wait to see final product!

Sarah Carlson said...

Beautiful! I've had a fascination with flowers and plants for the past few months, so I can't wait to see how it turns out! Also, a genius idea to mix fluid watercolor and punchy acrylic!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Danie that is really gorgeous, I mean seriously beautiful!

Danie at Pasadya said...

Coulda shoulda woulda: It's coming along! :) Fingers crossed that I don't mess it up at this point.

Sarah: Thanks, sweet! Yeah, I'm usually not into florals all that much, but since this project, I'm in love. The watercolor looks so pretty on the canvas...can't wait to share it soon!

Abby: Aw, thank you! :)

jessica // union shore said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!

And I can't wait for Spring too! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...