Series
Categories
Shop Now
My Picks
follow Archives

Monday, August 20, 2012

THE DONKEY POST

Hello, hello! How was your weekend?? Here's a section of mine...




























I didn't expect that I would ever create a post based solely on a donkey. I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself! When there's a cutie in the country, sometimes I need to show documentation.

This sweet guy is my father and mother-in-law's donkey. I can't remember if the boys (my husband and his two brothers) named him or not when they were little.


























This past weekend marked my dad's birthday, a dear friend's Jewish / Baptist wedding (where I thoroughly enjoyed cheering "Mazel tov!!!" and dancing in a giant circle held together by hands for the first time), and getting to go back home and see family. Petting Taco's soft ears was the cherry on top to the heart-swelled weekend. He loves the pears from the tree near the fence, but my camera was being emotional and wouldn't let me take photos of Taco munching.


















































I'm so lucky to be able to see this gorgeous sight regularly. I don't think I'd mind living in the country one day...

In other news, my in-laws actually made a road trip with my husband and I back to San Antonio! I'm this close to spending the rest of my day with my mother-in-law. :)

Have a wonderful Monday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely place to see in your everyday! Such a cute name for a cute donkey :D

Inés said...

Aw! Danie...Taco is soooo cute! I just fell in love!
Enjoy your day with your mother in law; mine "Nelly" is fantastic, and we are really close (even when we live 638 miles away from each other) Wait!!!... Maybe is because we live 638 miles away from each other!!!! hehe! just kidding! Nelly is the best!

Big hugs, sweetie!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I just about died! Adorable! This place looks beautiful.

Julia said...

I love donkeys, and Taco seems to be a very cute and friendly one.:)

Danie at Pasadya said...

Milynn: It's so gorgeous! I don't feel like I can get enough of it because we live four hours away from our family. Ha, he's pretty cute. :)

Ines: I'm sure he appreciates that! HA!! You're so hilarious! She must be so happy to have you as a daughter-in-law. :)

Daisy: Well thank you! He looked ridiculously sweet munching on pears. It really is so pretty in person. You can actually see that view of the hills when you're looking through the kitchen window with the light streaming in. I WOULD NOT mind doing dishes with that view!

Julia: He really is!! Wish you could meet the little guy one day. :)

Rosa said...

Awwwwww...I really love this. I needed a bit o' sweetness today.

Danie at Pasadya said...

So glad you got your sweet fix, Rosa! :) One day you can pet his ears with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...