Series
Categories
Shop Now
My Picks
follow Archives

Thursday, March 1, 2012

WALL PAINTING

I ran across a really cool post on 79 ideas about wall drawings, and I just had to share this. Look how cool these are! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to go around drawing windows and clocks around a clock that's already there (you know, like in the living room), but I still think this is such a creative and bold idea. I think this idea would look amazing in a nursery or kid's room, but that means I'll have to wait years. Hmm, maybe in the office...

While I said I'm not brave enough (yet) to draw objects (or objects around objects for that matter), I never said I'm not crazy about murals. My husband was brave enough to let me paint our master bedroom wall, even though we'll have to paint over it when we move. It's only been up for about 7 months, so I'm not tired of it yet. I do, however, love how clean those simple white walls are pictured above, so we'll see. I think I'll just contain myself so we don't have to repaint 3 walls again. If you'd like to see, here's our little lady (or huge, rather):





























For a second after I finished painting, I thought she might creep me out when I was trying to go to sleep. Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet. Oh yes, and I admit that I'm still excited by children's books. If you squint your eyes really hard, you may be able to make out the "Falling" part of the title of the book that lives in my nightstand. That's right. It's "Falling Up" by Shel Silverstein. I don't care..I love it.

So, would you paint your walls with drawings?

P.S. Almost Friday!! :) That means it'll be time for another illustration with a very short story. Have a wonderful day, everyone.

13 comments:

Inés said...

I did it in my daughter bedroom! It looks amazing!
I love your blog, and now I´m following you!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting
Big hugs!
Inés

SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

Danie at Pasadya said...

How awesome, Ines! I'd love to see--I bet it's amazing! Thank you so much!

You're so welcome! You have a great blog. :) Love the multiple photos--gives me so much inspiration. :)

Ana Degenaar said...

Oh yes! definitely for me!

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

Just came across your blog and am a new follower! My sister has done some cool drawings for our church on our cafe chalkboard wall, kinda reminded me of this!! :)

beina said...

Fantastic idea!!!I love the window wall drawing!!!with the flower!!!
FANTASTIC!!

Hannah said...

These are awesome, I would so do it!

Fashion is for idiots [like us] said...

This looks so great!
I really like the atmosphere :)
Your blog's lovely! Wanna follow each other? x

fashion is for idiots [like us]
fashion is for idiots [like us]

Danie at Pasadya said...

Thanks everyone! I thought it was such a neat idea!

Courtney: Thank you so much!! That's so sweet of you! How cool that your sis did that. :) Do the drawings have to be erased (I guess since it's a chalkboard wall)? I'd love to see! It's so inspiring to see the work of others!

Fashion: Thank you! I'm just starting out, but I absolutely love blogging so far! Your name is awesome! I'm checking out your blog right after my post for this morning! :) Thanks for stopping by. :)

Spanish Pinay said...

If I have your talent? I would definitely, definitely paint our wall with my work! Gosh, your talented :)

Spanish Pinay

Danie at Pasadya said...

Spanish Pinay: Oh my gosh, you are SO sweet! Thank you so much for inflating my ego! :) No, but seriously, I appreciate your kind words so much.

Raquel said...

Shel Silverstein is still the bomb. Many, many years after third grade :).

Danie at Pasadya said...

Raquel: Bomb dot com, I say! I can't get enough of him even at 25, and something tells me i'll be the same when I'm 95.

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea! I love the window wall drawing with the flower. Thanks for sharing information about wall painting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...